21 October, 2012

Google Maps: View a saved route on your phone in 65 easy steps

  1. Open Maps on PC
  2. Find home location
  3. Right click -> no option to save
  4. Search for home address
  5. Click Save
  6. Confirm My Saved Places
  7. Search for work address
  8. Open Maps on phone
  9. Tap the Maps menu bar
  10. Tap the My Places menu
  11. Tap the Recent tab
  12. Tap My Saved Places
  13. Find only home (discover later that there's a result list bar which will show all)
  14. Go back to PC
  15. Try to use saved locations for Home/Work in My places
  16. Does not compute, have to type address into Home/Work fields
  17. Click Directions under Home
  18. Shows directions to home, From field empty
  19. Click Directions under Work
  20. Shows directions to work, From field empty
  21. Click Home in My places
  22. Right click location on the map
  23. Click Directions from here
  24. Click Work in My places
  25. Right click location on the map
  26. Click Directions to here
  27. From field is erased
  28. Right click home on map
  29. Click directions from here
  30. Type work address into To field
  31. Get directions
  32. Click Save
  33. Confirm My Saved Places
  34. Click My Places
  35. Click Directions
  36. Empty
  37. Click Maps
  38. Click My Saved Place
  39. The saved directions can be found here
  40. Go to phone
  41. Tap layers
  42. Tap My Saved Places
  43. Error: No Results Found for maps.google.com/maps/somethingorother
  44. Search high and low for some way of getting rid of this erroneous layer
  45. Open phone Settings
  46. Open Applications
  47. Open Maps
  48. Uninstall updates
  49. Go to Play store
  50. Install Maps again
  51. Go to phone
  52. Tap Maps menu bar
  53. Tap My Places
  54. Tap Directions
  55. Nothing
  56. Tap My Maps
  57. Tap My Saved Places
  58. The From location is shown, with the beginning of the route. Can we just view the route?
  59. Tap Results List
  60. Tap Walking directions
  61. Tap Directions
  62. Prompted to find directions from My Location to work
  63. Tap Back
  64. Tap Map
  65. Success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home